Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 13 June 2013

'Switches' (2013)



My work explores the power exchange within the sexual relationship. It aims to both include and exclude the viewer by placing them in a voyeuristic context that is unsettling but intimate. I use the camera to record a moment of intimacy between two people – a woman and myself, a man and myself, and myself and my mirror self – that reveals the exchange of power and how this shifts from one to the other throughout their intimacy. The viewer, or voyeur, experiences these moments vicariously. In this particular piece, the viewer is invited to step into the artwork by including their mirror image within it.

1 comment:

  1. good to see you doing something creative, looks great, hope all is going great for you and yours up in the there. Gazza Hove actually.

    ReplyDelete