Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Clip: re-make of 'String Heads' (2012 version)


















This is a re-make of the original 'String Head'. This time i re-filmed myself but then further went on to film another tying me, firstly another woman and then a man. My consideration regarding camera work has become more important along with my technical abilities so i wanted to re shoot and re look at the piece. I felt that the original piece was actually very important to my practice and how it has come full circle almost. I want to explore it more especially after writing my thesis on sadomasochistic erotic female written fiction i felt this piece to be relevant to my theoretical studies. I feel the piece looks at the issues raised throughout my studies at Chelsea and prior to that at WMC. It looks at relationships with self and others especially the sexual relationships, it looks specifically at the exchange of power within these relationships.
For this particular piece i edited it as a split screen, this was purely for technical reasons when exhibiting it the first time, i was only able to access one screen. ideally i wanted to show this as three separate projections.

No comments:

Post a Comment