Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 29 November 2011

confused.com

After having a tutorial with Mo Thrope, Jane Madsen then a group crit at my fine art studio practice group i meet with once a month at the Working Men's College (where i previously studied my access course) i am now confued as to what to do with 'Doll face'. I have been given 3 different sets of feedback and advice as to where to take it....this often happens with tutors i find, everyone has different opinion and feedback and ideas of how to push it forward and it just confuses me. I suppose i should just go with what i feel the piece should do and take the bits of feedback that i feel the best!!??
One thing that is helpful is when asking for direction and feedback is when a tutor actually knows your previous work i think, its hard for them to see how i've progressed, digressed or gone in a completely different direction.... i think my piece 'Doll face' (also now known as princess because i have trouble with givong them a title), has gone too far, i think i've lost my sense of me within the work, i think maybe i am trying to please others with the work, trying to please the institution too much!? Having looked back and reflected on previous work i think i was producing stronger work and work that was true to me way back on my access course and in the begginign of my first year at chelsea. So i am going to revisit these pieces and see how i can be true to myself and continue with them confidently!?
So im going to strip 'dollface/princess back to the bare bones, take each of the pieces within it and play with them individually.
I want to use the catwalk model and continue to edit her, make her more repetative, scratchy and create an uncomfortable, unbearable feeling. Then i want to find a way of possibly installing it with projection and mirrors so the viewer then becomes a part of the piece by refleting in the mirror< will play witht this.
I want to rework "The Wardrobe' and see where i can take it.
I am frustrated that i am being made to work on several piece's at once, one for film elective and one for unit6 assessment, i want to work on one piece at once as i find it more intense and satisfiying and i dont like the time limits being set, i am hping i can be assessed on work in progress but then i realise we are supposed to be exhibiting a piece for assessment. I dont feel i have anything satisfactory for exhibtion to date.
Basically fairly frustrated at present!

No comments:

Post a Comment