Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Yayoi Kusama at Tate Modern





















Went to see Yayoi Kusama at Tate Modern. I was really excited to see Yayoi's more recent work as i'm interested in the creating of enviroments. Yayoi's obsessive nature is clearly seen throughout all of her work. I also like the fact that she returns to old ways of working to create new work. I'm interested in her installation enviroment's the most as i would like to work in this way with my film work. I think it could be a way of capturing the viewers attention and emotional connection to the work more. Maybe i'm concerned with this need to capture my viewer and hold them for longer because i don't have enough confidence in my work alone as a film or video or believe they might actually stay and watch it because they are interested in it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment