Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 9 May 2011

Technical ability!

Am looking at improving my technical ability! Am playing around with my camera equipment along with using iMovie and iDVD to all help me get a more professional finish to my videoed pieces. I am also considering lighting and setting of filming. For '4 minute women' (new title- previously 'naked 4 minute women') I wanted it to be inside with natural daylight so had to make sure I filmed each woman around similar time of day and had to rebook a few when the day turned out to be dull grey sky's.
I'm also questioning the installation of each piece more and how that affects the way in which I film. For '4 minute women' I am looking at projecting the video large scale onto Walls so the quality of the film needs to be really good so I don't loose detail, which is very important- wrinkles and twitches need to be seen! The room will also need to be very dark.
I'm considering if any of the videoed pieces could be shown in a cinematic situation and if so then a high quality DVD with titles and sound need to be considered.
I think all of these considerations will help me pull my practice up a level to being in line with my critical thinking.... Well, that's the intention!!

No comments:

Post a Comment