Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 11 February 2011

Tutorial- Melissa Bliss

Had a tutorial to discuss my practice with Melissa Bliss. Was really interesting to hear what she had to say and what suggestions she had. We talked about revisiting work and looked specifically at the performance piece about make up. She suggested it needs to be more subtle and realistic, to put the make up on as I really would, to avoid rhe obvious 'tights on head', to just have a covering on face so it looks like just a blank canvas of a face. She suggested looking at using 8 then 16mm film as I would need to plan before doing. She also suggested using other people to perform the work as it would give me more freedom to do more than my own limitations. She questioned why I use webcam and camera phone rather than film (easier to access). Lots of really good input that I'm going to take on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment